CR-V Forum This compact SUV offers the usefulness of an SUV without the steep fuel bill thanks to the efficient yet powerful engine.

HOWTO- tire rotation/ Jacking and jack points- 2017-2022 crv

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2023, 04:36 PM
Default HOWTO- tire rotation/ Jacking and jack points- 2017-2022 crv

I used to belong to the other forum but left there months ago due to the admin being such a..... well, never mind. On to why i am posting.

I had to do a simple tire rotation and jacking this vehicle up isn't as straight forward as most other vehicles I have owned.

There is no frame to jack up from. With that said, this is how i was able to get the car full yin the air with 1 jack and 4 stands. I hope this helps someone out there.

This is for my 2020 crv awd but should apply for all 5th gen crvs which are 2017-2022.

1) place bricks behind the rear tires and make sure parking brake is on.
2) loosen all the lugs some because once you get her in the air, it's hard to do so on the fronts, rears should be doable though as parking brake should be on.
3) using a floor hydraulic jack with a long reach handle, roll the jack under the center of the front bumper and right below a roundish metal plate that sits right behind the engine skid plate/shield. that's your front jack point. It's far back in there but obvious- use a light to see it.
4) raise vehicle high enough so that you can then place a jack stand on each side of the car towards the front at the are where the factory scissor jack uses. lower the jack allowing the car to sit on the stands.
5) with the front fully raised take the jack to the rear of vehicle.
6) look for the tie down loop. It's right under the car in rear and is a metal loop.
7) place your floor jack under the loop and lift.
it's quite stable and i never felt like it was gonna topple over.
8) once rear tires come off the ground, place your other jack stands under the areas on the sides of the car towards the back that is made for the factory jack.
9) lower the jack so that the stands are supporting the car, then raise the jack some jsut as a backup plan in case a stand fails- rare but has happened.

as long as the front tires and rear tires are off the ground you are good to do the rotation.

if the fronts are not, that means you didn't raise the front high enough so take the jack back to front and raise a little more, leaving the jack under the front this time just in case.

10) rotate tires- i kept mine same side and did not cross- i've had lots of issues with crossing tires leading to vibes that nobody can fix with balancing.....belt issues.
11) once all rotated, torque the lugs to 80 in the rear while in air and the fronts just snug with your breaker bar.
12) lower rear first. jack rear up and remove stands, then lower the rear.
13) check torque on rears making sure 80 ft lbs is what they are set at.
14) place jack back under the front jack point and lift enough to remove the stands and remove them.
15) lower front down until the tires just touch the floor.
16) torque lugs to 80 ft lbs
17) lower vehicle rest of way and recheck torque.
18) check tire pressures- rears are usually lower than fronts normally so you will have to adjust the pressures since the rears are in front and the fronts are in rear now.
19) cleanup your tools and go have a drink.

all in all a simple rotation.as long as you have one floor jack that will work in front and will work in the rear to lift rear high enough, and 4 jack stands, you can do this safely.

took me less than 1 hour total.