CR-V Forum This compact SUV offers the usefulness of an SUV without the steep fuel bill thanks to the efficient yet powerful engine.

tire rotation

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2017, 03:40 PM
Default tire rotation

New 2017 awd crv with non directional tires and honda service desk is telling us they only rotate front to back and back to front staying on same side unless and until abnormal wear exhibited. Anyone else hearing this?

Old 12-24-2017, 12:03 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. i don't have honda rotate my tires, I purchase and have all our vehicle tires handled by Americas tires, they have the rear tires go straight to the front, the front go to the opposite sides to the back, so all the tires go completely around by 20k miles. the way honda does it may show abnormal wear quickly then too late for tire warranty. also honda does not do a wheel alignment out of the factory.

Old 12-24-2017, 09:25 AM

My family has been in the tire business for 50 years and they recommend just as Acmech suggested. Unless you have a Honda dually then things change.

Old 01-22-2019, 08:05 AM

Hello all,

New member here with a fairly new 2018 CR-V AWD, with 3,500 miles. I couldn't find anything in my owners manual on tire rotation so I joined this forum today. So am I reading this correct that you rotate every 5,000? That is what I have been doing on my previous vehicle. Also, acmech52 when you say "Honda does not do a wheel alignment out of the factory" do you mean what I have always call a "front end alignment"? I know that they align more than the front ends now but if it is not aligned from the factory wont that cause uneven wear? Should I get an alignment?

Allen

Old 01-22-2019, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum theharleyman. yes the tires will ware uneven. also Honda rotates tires every other oil change so approx. each 14k miles. yes good idea to get a 4 wheel alignment and go to an Americas tires or Discount tires (same company) and pay for the life time wheel rotation. every other rotation the tires are rebalanced. also when the tire is rotated each 5k miles they ware good/ even for tire warranty. also if there is any type of problem with the wheel alignment, your cr-v should be under warranty to have fixed. ask your service department about how often and when they do tire rotation. do not tell them anything about any other company, you are just doing a comparison check. then go to where you fell comfortable.