CR-V Forum This compact SUV offers the usefulness of an SUV without the steep fuel bill thanks to the efficient yet powerful engine.

2006 CR-V Help

Old 01-24-2019, 12:05 PM
Default 2006 CR-V Help

I have a couple of questions:
1 - Driver side headlight: I have to replace it every 3 months or so. Suggestions?
2- Burning smell like rubber/plastic while driving, only sometimes though.
3- Windshield washer tank leaks.

I appreciate your help.

Old 01-24-2019, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. 1. there may be a problem with a wiring if the bulb is burning out so quick. where are you getting your bulb from and type. also check your wiring to make sure another hot wire is not burning thru the head light hot wire. 2. burning smell may be from a wire harness if it started recently, if it has been a long time it may be the catalytic, (cat smell is normally a rotten egg smell) have someone look at all the wiring in the whole car to see if anything is melting or oozing. 3. normally the windshield washer leaks from a worn/old/deteriorating rubber seal on the washer motor that pumps water to the squirt nozzles. get a mirror and flashlight and see if you can find the leak. if it is the tank itself, might find a good used one at a salvage yard or go new from on line Honda parts sale (less cost) most of these items you can do yourself. be careful, your car is 12 yrs old, many hoses, wires,plastic, are getting brittle. handle gently.

Old 01-24-2019, 09:02 PM

What I usually find is that there is resistance in the light bulb socket
Sometimes caused by corrosion. Sometimes a film of something.
Either way, clean out the socket (note: make sure the power is off. i.e., pull fuse or relay)
The resistance causes heat and the heat shortens life of bulb.
Also, remember not to touch the bulb with your fingers.
The oil shortens the life of the bulb too.

You may have an intermittent short which is causing the burning smell
This would require much visual inspection and tracing wire bundles
Or just wait til it is no longer intermittent and then through wire diagram find out where it might be.

Washer fluid leaks. Visual inspection of where it is coming from.
Then either patch or replace.

You have much work coming up

Good luck