CR-V Forum This compact SUV offers the usefulness of an SUV without the steep fuel bill thanks to the efficient yet powerful engine.

Hybrid Safety Noise

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2024, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by OKSVT
I'm sure all CR-V Hybrid owners are very aware of the noise that starts when you shift into reverse or drive. I think I've read everything on the internet about this noise and where it comes from exactly. Lots of good info out there including several ways to disable it, and lot of crap too. It doesn't matter if we love it or hate it, it is here to stay. I know it's the law and it's fine with me that we have a law, but what an obnoxious sound. If they had just installed one to sound like a regular 1.5 or what ever ICE, it would be fine, but no, they had to give us one that can be heard down the block while my 1.5 is setting here quite as a mouse at idle. Am I missing something here?? When they make the ICE engines put out a sound equally as loud and obnoxious, maybe I will feel better about it. Good grief...
What do other hybrid owners think about this sound?
I hate that sound too. I think it is too loud and annoying!! Wish they made it similar to the Tesla or even the RAV4 hybrid sound. They are not as bad.

Old 08-23-2024, 10:44 AM

i just bought a '25 cr-v. i absolutely hate that noise

Old 08-23-2024, 05:09 PM
LDB

Just discovered this thread. To the OP and anyone else, if there is a court case involving injury and it is proven the sound was disabled I will vote guilty and vote for the biggest penalty option allowed. So enjoy your disabled public safety measure and know you've made a really wise decision.

Old 08-24-2024, 03:23 PM
Default Pre J’d

Originally Posted by LDB
Just discovered this thread. To the OP and anyone else, if there is a court case involving injury and it is proven the sound was disabled I will vote guilty and vote for the biggest penalty option allowed. So enjoy your disabled public safety measure and know you've made a really wise decision.
Not that I disagree but posting your prejudice in public will most likely insure you never get a vote.

No hybrid for you. 🤣

Old 08-24-2024, 07:33 PM
LDB

Originally Posted by Just Ducky
Not that I disagree but posting your prejudice in public will most likely insure you never get a vote.

No hybrid for you. 🤣
Good thing I'm not running for office then. And I'd never disable the safety features so a hybrid could work fine.

Old 08-25-2024, 05:15 PM
Default Huh?

Originally Posted by LDB
Good thing I'm not running for office then. And I'd never disable the safety features so a hybrid could work fine.
I must have misunderstood. I thought you were talking about voting on a jury and compensating a victim to the nth degree of the law.

As for that AVAS sound, after a few years I don’t even notice it. It kind of reminds me of seat belts and how they and the laws governing them progressed over the years.

🦆

Old 08-25-2024, 06:03 PM
LDB

Originally Posted by Just Ducky
I must have misunderstood. I thought you were talking about voting on a jury and compensating a victim to the nth degree of the law.

As for that AVAS sound, after a few years I don’t even notice it. It kind of reminds me of seat belts and how they and the laws governing them progressed over the years.

🦆
Ok, I misunderstood as well. Yes, I was talking about a jury. I took vote as being election. So I at least partially agree with your thought. I just don't go along with any car mods that negatively affect safety systems and factors. Looks etc. are unimportant compared to safety.

Old 08-28-2024, 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by Karen61354
My daughter in law calls it the Sound of Angels Lol
Positive way to look at it🙂
Our family calls it angel song too. I had a bystander gaze me and say "cool."

Old 09-15-2024, 11:39 AM

I'm sure all CR-V Hybrid owners are very aware of the noise that starts when you shift into reverse or drive. I think I've read everything on the internet about this noise and where it comes from exactly. Lots of good info out there including several ways to disable it, and lot of crap too. It doesn't matter if we love it or hate it, it is here to stay. I know it's the law and it's fine with me that we have a law, but what an obnoxious sound. If they had just installed one to sound like a regular 1.5 or what ever ICE, it would be fine, but no, they had to give us one that can be heard down the block while my 1.5 is setting here quite as a mouse at idle. Am I missing something here?? When they make the ICE engines put out a sound equally as loud and obnoxious, maybe I will feel better about it. Good grief...
What do other hybrid owners think about this sound?
it is way over the top too loud. 2015 Honda CRV Hybrid.

Old 09-16-2024, 03:38 PM

Well, since I didn't get any kind of response, I guess either no one is interested, or you just didn't see it as a problem. Either way, I researched this and now know a little about this noise maker. Not that I'm going to share it, just the fact that I know how it works and how to stop it and stopped mine from this obnoxious sound.
Then why even mention it. I have the 2024 1.5T but in reading this I have to ask what is your motive for even bringing it up?