CR-V Forum This compact SUV offers the usefulness of an SUV without the steep fuel bill thanks to the efficient yet powerful engine.

Just bought a 2022 CRV Hybrid Touring

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2024, 09:08 PM
Default Just bought a 2022 CRV Hybrid Touring

And…love everything except when I hit approx 40 mph the engine kicks in and it feels like I’m pulling a trailer. It’s like downshifting into low it’s loud and it feels like the car struggles to gain speed. Is this normal? I’ve tried being light on the gas but any incline even if small causes the engine to kick in low and loud. It happens in sport, normal and econ. I can’t imagine a car this expensive feeling like it has terrible horsepower. Is this just life with a hybrid? I asked the sales rep if I could swap it for a non hybrid and he told me to schedule with repair.

Old 01-20-2024, 09:10 AM
Default High Clutch

You have successfully identified some issues with Atkinson Hybrid combo. Basically, there are two ways to address your frustration(s). A turbo boost or a second low range clutch and a reconfiguration of the set up. Honda incorporated the second clutch and reconfiguration in the ‘23 gen 6 version. That is why there is enough HP to tow 1/2 ton.

We are stuck with the computer switching to ICE directly driving the front wheels via the solo clutch which is anemic however adequate for retired senior citizens who are in permanent turtle herder mode.

BTW, your drive options are Sport, Econ and EV. I suggest the use of Econ unless you want to run the A/C full time.

Bottom line is that you will be wasting your time scheduling service unless there is something else wrong and you have a dash warning light.

FYI, I went from a 7 ton E-450 based MH, Smart Fortwo and a 48V EZ-GO to my Hybrid. The hybrid is a rocket in comparison. 🦆