CR-V Forum This compact SUV offers the usefulness of an SUV without the steep fuel bill thanks to the efficient yet powerful engine.

Steering wheel snap noise???

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 07:51 PM
Default Steering wheel snap noise???

Hey everyone new to the forum and big Honda enthusiast here but recently purchased a 2015 cr-v prob the newest Honda I ever owned lol...but curious out of my 5/60 and have this strange noise coming from the steering wheel or column ,i am mechanically inclined and aware of the EPS system in this car but I get a strange almost like rubber band snap noise from the steering wheel or column coming out of a turn at a slow roll or in and out of parking spaces and sometimes low speeds into a turn anyone else ever ran into this issue ...I tried going over some TSB’s but usually I see complaints of constant clicking
noises which I’m not experiencing (yet) any help or suggestions would be great....

Old 06-06-2018, 09:48 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum i take it that the cr-v was purchased at a used car lot, not a honda dealership. if so take it to the car dealer to see if there is a warranty with the car before you touch it. but it is possible the cv is starting to ware. it starts with a click on and off then will get more clicking as milage goes up. visual check both sides inner and outer cv boot to see if the boots have any leak or damage. if there is damage or greese leak, it will get more noisy with the click or rubber band slapping..