2007 Honda Accord - Popping noise when braking/taking off - The unofficial Honda Forum and Discussion Board Forums For Honda automobile and motorcycle enthusiasts.

Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 07-21-2018, 09:55 PM

Default 2007 Honda Accord - Popping noise when braking/taking off

Hello again,

So my wife's Accord has been making a slight clunking/popping noise on releasing/accelerating or stopping. I took it to a mechanic thinking it might be the CV joint, and he said it was the rack and pinion. When turning the wheel back and forth you can definitely hear a clunking, but I'm a little confused because when she starts or stops, she isn't turning the wheel, so I'm not sure what the R&P would have to do with that. Anything else it could be?
Old 07-21-2018, 11:57 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum just info for the rack and pinion,. a bad rack and pinion has tight steering wheel , leaking p/s fluid, grinding noise when steering, burning oil smell. check the following, tie rod, bellow boots, frame mounting bolts. if unsure, take the vehicle to an alignment shop and ask them if they can locate the noise.
Old 07-29-2018, 06:27 PM

Welcome in,this is not a diy ,a pro needs to replace the R&P if that is the problem.
Old 08-09-2018, 10:16 PM

Default My car does the same thing!

I have a 2010 Honda Accord and my car has made this noise for awhile and Iíve had it at the dealer multiple times and they couldnít find the problem. Itís so annoying
Old 08-10-2018, 06:16 AM
Super Moderator

Fr3shxwun; welcome to the forum. need more info. when did the noise start, does the noise get louder at any time other than awhile, has there been any maintenance done before the noise started.
Old 08-10-2018, 07:15 AM

Acmechó my car has 108,xxx miles. The noise started probably around 80,xxx miles. Or less. It doesnít get louder. I can tell you that I hear it more in the summer months and Over the winter I didnít hear it at all. The only maintenance Iíve had done is a wheel hub replaced and tires. Along with oil changes of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acmech52 View Post
Fr3shxwun; welcome to the forum. need more info. when did the noise start, does the noise get louder at any time other than awhile, has there been any maintenance done before the noise started.