General Honda Talk Talk about any general Honda information in here.

How Fast Is Your Honda?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2020, 12:28 PM
Default How Fast Is Your Honda?

OK so yesterday I took my new to me 2017 Honda Civic coupe EX-T to a local drag strip. Found out so much about rim sizes, width of tires that will fit on the car, lowering the car by use of different springs, etc. Guess I really should read the owner's manual. lol Found out that there are different transmission modes the car can be run under. You have D of course on an automatic, but you also have a S (sport) and a L (low?) mode. I knew about turning off the ECOM option which I did. I used the D trans setting position. Later was told I should use the S position for better performance. Anyway, I'm going to post pictures of my car, serial number info and my time slips. If you'd like to or you too have had fun with your Honda, add to this thread with your results. Hey, and be honest ok? Reason for time slips. (even then someone could post slips from another car. Show off your Honda.

Old 08-15-2020, 12:47 PM

As you can see, my car # was 49, so those are my results on the 2 slips. I went down in the left lane my 1st time, was asleep at the starting line (slip doesn't show reaction time, but it was 7. something) ok Scott, the light is green, GO lol) Speed was 91.43 with a run of 15.73. This was my fastest as far as speed run of the 2 runs I made. My next and final run was in the right lane. Reaction time this time, still not great, but much better at .7 something. Speed was slower at 91.23, but run time was faster at 15.70.

I'm going to be 60 soon and hadn't been on a drag strip in some 40 years. My Civic was actually faster than the street custom 64 & 67 Chevelles I had owned. The 67 was only a 16 sec. car. Not set up for drag racing, but neither is my Civic. All I know is this was soooooo much fun for me!!! The SI models are faster (even a 4dr SI), but man did I enjoy my car!

Old 08-15-2020, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. i'm glad you enjoyed racing. i use to run a 70 roadrunner 383, only could get 15sec 90 mph. but enjoyed racing. if you do any mods, do easy ones first, cold intake, remove the cat and install a clear through cat and exhaust system incl headers, pump up tires to 35-40 psi, take out all the junk in the trunk, and see if that helps time. if you change your hood to composite (fiber glass) it will lighten up the front.

Old 08-15-2020, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by acmech52
welcome to the forum. i'm glad you enjoyed racing. i use to run a 70 roadrunner 383, only could get 15sec 90 mph. but enjoyed racing. if you do any mods, do easy ones first, cold intake, remove the cat and install a clear through cat and exhaust system incl headers, pump up tires to 35-40 psi, take out all the junk in the trunk, and see if that helps time. if you change your hood to composite (fiber glass) it will lighten up the front.
TYVM asmech52! There was a 68 Plymouth there at the races also with a 383 in it. My dad had a 69 Dodge Cornet 500. Nothing special with the 318 engine, but I sure wish I knew what he had given me upon my high school graduation. That car would be worth so much today. No plans at this point to modify my Civic. At least not till I pay it off. Interesting you mention putting more air in the tires, as most people there were letting air out to obtain better traction. I did not roll through the water area at the line. I didn't want any slippage when leaving the line. Car at this time spends more time in the garage, but it was fun stretching it's legs.