General Honda Talk Talk about any general Honda information in here.

need help

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 03:27 PM
Default need help

im kinda new to the import car scene but i love everything about it. im trying to learn as much as i can about import cars and jdm engines and different parts i can get and how they work. i will admit, i dont know a super lot about making cars faster but i do know how engines work and all that. i would really love to get into the scene but i need help.
i have a 1995 honda civic ex with a d16 that has vtec (of course since its an ex model) and i need some help getting started. here goes.... i have about $20K to put into this vehicle and i want to get the best i can for my money. i know i want to swap the engine to either a b18c1, b18c5, or an h22a. thats number 1. i dont know much about engine swaps so i was wondering if anyone could tell me exactly what i need to get this engine ein my car and running. Also, i wanna know what i should do to the engine (i.e. upgrade parts, maintenance) before i put it in the car. Secondly, i know that i want some boost in my car, a good turbo not a crappy one. maybe around 11- 15+ psi. I need to know what i should do to the car to prep it for turbo and what parts to get before i get the turbo. Also, could someone explain boost controllers to me and about the hondata computer also because i have researched it but i dont know if i should get it or not.
Finally, i need to know what i should do about the suspension, to make everything come together at the wheels. im trying to get as much HP and torque as i can out of this car. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can somebody help me out? I appreciate it very much!