General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

08 Civic, broken motor mounts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 08:33 PM
Default 08 Civic, broken motor mounts?

Is there a way to tell if one or both motor mounts are bad. First time, it was noise when cold but toned down when warm. My Mech replaced the right front on Passenger side...quiet car. After two recent incidents where I ran over the curb once on each side. Not just a run up but a hard hit. Stupid yes, but these were both in parking lots with outcroping loops of curb. Hard to see in the dark. I have a noisy car again, not as bad as the first time. Is there a way to test them with a die to find cracks or any visual aids for finding if they are bad. Some vibration, very slight rattling screws in the dash.. until warm. That's enough to drive one nuts.
Appreciate any advice here.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:47 PM

You just need to do a visual inspection,under the car,under the hood,but to do this you need to raise the car put it up on jack stands and look for any signs of damaged parts?
I would look around the wheel area since u said those curbs jumped out at you?look at the front suspension both sides and you could even inspect the trans mount and rear mortor mount?if they are bad you will see the rubber in the mount cracked,torn or just completly detached from the mount itself?
There is no liquid to use to see if your mortor mounts are bad or not you just need to know what to look for?
But i would get help if i were you and inspect the front suspension 1st.