General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2011 Honda CR-V Instrument Panel

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 12:47 PM
Default 2011 Honda CR-V Instrument Panel

Started the car one morning and the check engine, air bag and traction control lights were on along with the D indicator for when you are in drive flashing on and off.

Car drove fine. After stopping the car and restarting again later, the same indicators were on and the tach and speedometer needles were going up and down.

Took it into the dealership. They were asking if I spilled something, had some collision damage or had an animal get in the engine. As far as spilling or collision I can definitely not. They decided I needed a new instrument panel (total cost ~$750). I would take a week for the part to come in.

Car sat a couple days cause my wife was worried about driving it. When I came back to drive it the battery was completely dead. Took the battery to Autozone to see if it was just dead or if it went bad. They had to recharge it to test it but it tested out ok.

Put the battery back in the car. Started it and the instrument panel was now ok. No more lights or indicators going crazy. I have no idea how the battery got drained. I checked the headlight switch, made sure no doors had been left open, etc. My assumption now was that the instrument panel somehow drained the battery but was told there was no correlation between the two by the dealership. They said just to drive it normally and see what happens.

It has only been a couple days since I put the battery back in but it has been fine since.

Any thoughts on what is going on? Not much confidence in Honda service at this point. They charged me to diagnose it and apparently don't really know for sure what's going on. Heck they couldn't even tell me that I would find my radio code on a white sticker in the glove box to reactivate the radio. I had to find that online on my own.