General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2015 Honda Accord - Dash lights on after driving in snow

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 12:07 PM
Question 2015 Honda Accord - Dash lights on after driving in snow

Hey all,

After a heavy snowfall and getting stuck a few times, a few of my dash lights came on. The tire pressure icon was blinking but now is solid, the stability assist light is solid, the check engine light is solid and finally, so is the power steering light. Has anyone ever experienced this before? The car is driving just fine. I noticed they came on while rocking the car to get out of a driveway. I thought maybe the attempts to accelerate/governor or speed limiter kicking in tripped something but when I turned the car off and started it again, the lights are all still on. Like I said, I'm not really concerned because driving is perfectly fine with no visible or audible issues. I couldn't find anything in already existing forums.

Thanks!

Old 01-20-2019, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. could be coincidence, the tire light on due to one of the tire pressure is low including the spare. have you checked all the other fluid levels to make sure they are up to full. could be a glitch and something got damp or wet to cause the warning lights to go on. if your car is still under warranty, have Honda check these lights out or have auto zone reset the lights and see if they come back on. if they have codes, get them as they reset.

Old 01-22-2019, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by acmech52
welcome to the forum. could be coincidence, the tire light on due to one of the tire pressure is low including the spare. have you checked all the other fluid levels to make sure they are up to full. could be a glitch and something got damp or wet to cause the warning lights to go on. if your car is still under warranty, have Honda check these lights out or have auto zone reset the lights and see if they come back on. if they have codes, get them as they reset.
Thank you for the welcoming. I drove it a few miles to the store. When I came back out and started it up, the lights were all off. :shrug: I guess I'll take it compared to having to make repairs.