General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2021 Honda CRV Technical Documentation

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2021, 01:12 PM
Post 2021 Honda CRV Technical Documentation

Hi All,

I just bought a 2021 Honda CRV and have been looking to try and get some technical specifications on as much of the car as possible. I've managed to find generic descriptions of most of the major subsystems of the vehicle but am really after parts level descriptions and technical diagrams.
Admittedly, I am new to the world of automobile maintenance, but am looking to grow my knowledge, specifically around my current vehicle. My parents have fallen victim to dishonest mechanics several times and I've found the best way to combat false or intentionally misleading "fixes" is to learn exactly how the vehicle works yourself.
I'd assume that Honda won't just hand out full specs on their engine to any joe shmo, but I'm looking to pick up the most technical documents out there and figured someone here would know where to look. I've checked several sites but haven't been able to locate anything for my vehicle in particular.
If anything in this question was ignorant or stupid, feel free to call me out on it, I'm here to learn.

Thanks,

4Bondz

Old 11-01-2021, 09:10 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. i believe BISHKO makes the manuals for the Honda service dept. you might try them to see if you can obtain these manuals.

Old 11-02-2021, 06:43 AM

To avoid being scammed by bad mechanics, you should learn how the vehicle functions down to parts level??????
There is too much to learn in a short period of time.

If and/or when you get an issue, you should always get a second opinion. Maybe learn how that part they want to replace works.
Ask how the mechanic did their diagnosis to come up with why that part is faulty
Many times the mechanic is just a parts changer and not a troubleshooter.
So will change parts based on suspicion and not on analysis of the situation.
They hook up an OBDII scanner and come up with a code and change the part indicated by the code without confirming the cause.

Technical documents won't teach you how something functions with another part or system.
And troubleshooting will require a better knowledge than just a technical drawing or specs

If you still want technical data then you can try looking at alldata.com
There is a section for DIYers
You can buy one month plan or one year plan for your vehicle
And try to download as much information as you can??