General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

98 Honda Civic Problems-Need Help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 05:35 PM
Default 98 Honda Civic Problems-Need Help!

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this concern..if it isn't, sorry. I'm new to this whole thing.

I've got a few issues..

1. My cruise control stopped working some time ago. In fact, it was right before I moved to Cali. So yea, 24 hours of driving with no cruise control..I was a bit Where would I first begin to trouble shot this issue?

2. The other day I was taking a road trip and decided to go thru my fuses again just in case I had missed it the first time when I thought my cruise control problem was a burnt fuse. So I was messing around with the fuse box located under the dash, to the left of the steering wheel.. I had my key in the ignition..the car wasn't on but i had the radio playing..I was taking each fuse out, checking it one by one..then put it back in.(I just found out there is a fuse tester light thingy that you can use to save all that trouble but I digress.) Of course none of that worked. When I went to start my car later that night I noticed my SRS LIGHT ON and my DRIVERS SIDE WINDOW NO LONGER GOES DOWN. The power locks still work but the window is a no go.

My passenger window stopped working a while ago and I got a window switch but when my brother in law tried that..it still didn't work. I have changed the drivers side window switch in the past but could it really have gone out that fast. Are there other parts that could affect the window not working?

Also this may be noteworthy...I changed my battery in hopes that this would help my SRS and window issue and it didn't.

I'd appreciate any help you guys can give me cuz its driving me nuts!