General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Abs issue Odyssey '96

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 11:37 AM
Default Abs issue Odyssey '96

I have been trying to fix my odyssey '96 abs for the last couple of days but i can't seem to get to the bottom of it .
It all started with throwing codes at me all referring to the left rear sensor , code 18 and 48 . The light would just come on after a few minutes of driving and stay on until i would stop the car.
So i figured i need a new sensor , and i replaced it(quite a hassle because the old one broke in and i had to take all the brake parts out to be able to punch it out ) , Anyway i replaced it finally and .... nothing really happened , the only difference is that now is trowing a 44 code at me as well mixed with the other 2 codes . I didn't want to give up so i switched the two rear sensor conectors between them to see if the computer will now see an issue on the rear right side instead of left and this way i can know for sure it is the sensor (should have done this before replacing it i guess) . After doing the switch the code is still 48 (left rear sensor ) . Now notthing makes sense anymore to me , because all the wirring looks good and the resistence on the circuit is the same on both sensors.
If anyone has any iddea what should i do next (other than taking it to a dealer ) please let me know . any advice is welcome .

Old 10-13-2009, 01:12 PM

i did the same thing my CRV had the same problem with the abs lighting. I replaced all the abs sensors, i got them for a pretty cheap price at this website http://hondapartsnow.com

After installing them i removed the negative part of the batter, waited like 5 minutes then installed it back.

By doing this, i basically reseted my ECU then removed the code.

hope this helps

Old 10-13-2009, 03:16 PM

that sounds expensive to change all 4 sensors and I risk not to solve my issue( if the issue is somewhere else in the circuit) , i would rather change only the part that needs to be changed. But i will try the trick with the battery and see if resetting the abs and the ecu works.
thanks for the reply

Old 10-14-2009, 12:42 PM

yeah, if you kno wthat your sensors are fine. Then i suggest the battery reset thing would work fine.