General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Auto Idle Enabled but Engine Won't Stop

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2021, 07:01 AM
Default Auto Idle Enabled but Engine Won't Stop

I have a CR-V 2021, and it's pretty much brand new.
The Auto-Idle is enabled still, but now the engine won't stop at red-lights. How to I fix this?

Also, any suggestion to clear the back window without physically going back there to wipe the inside? It's all wet in the morning of FL summer.

Old 08-15-2021, 08:28 AM

Consider Yourself fortunate, I wish that I could find a way to to do that.

Old 08-18-2021, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by LIL G
I understand your view. However, I'd like full control of my vehicle. I wish I could turn off the idling engine at a long red lights or behind a school bus in fair weather to save gas as well as avoid the vibration of the engine.

With that being said, there were a couple things I believe has turned off my auto idle. First, when I first got the car and mistakenly pressed the brake too hard turning off the engine, I had to immediate release to go right away as the light turned green. Second, I accidently pressed the brake too hard to start driving after remotely turning on the car. Those two frequently occurrence during the first couple weeks of owning the car might have led the AI of the stupid CR-V think that I want the auto idle off. So... maybe you can try them. 1) Remote turning on the car, then when you get in, press hard the brake then immediately turn on the car to go. 2) At red light, right after the car turns off, you let go off the brake lightly just enough for the engine to turn on (or even to the point the car moves a bit, then slightly press the brake just enough to stop the car but not enough for the auto idle to turn off the engine -- that sweet spot is hard to find and control.)

Old 08-18-2021, 11:54 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. for a 2021 cr-v, under factory warranty, i would not try to fix anything, go to the dealership and have them fix the brank new cr-v. for the interior, only suggestion is to turn on the rear window defroster, and run your a/c which will put dry air into the vehicle.

Old 10-27-2021, 11:10 PM
Sim
Default Auto idle not working...

Originally Posted by LIL G
I just bought my friend's 2018 Odyssey around 3 months ago.
The Auto idle off never kicked in.

I just took it for an oil change yesterday and reset all the service messages, and right after that, the car turns off by every red light now. I am so upset.