General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

BF225A overheat (but not really!)

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2022, 10:53 PM
Default BF225A overheat (but not really!)

Please help!

2013-14 BF225A

Motor runs alright at low power setting. At RPMs 1700 and above, after a few minutes, warning buzzer will sound continuously and indicator lights will come on indicating an Overheat however when feeling the manifolds and heads (and comparing them to the one next to it in good working order), the engine is cool to the touch.

I’ve flushed with salt away and I’ve changed thermostats, water pump, flush valve, relief valve and temperature sensors. Still an overheat warning buzzer and the engine goes to

Idle and/or shuts off after a few minutes of running at 1700 rpm’s and above.

Anybody have any idea what’s going on? Doesn’t seem to be anything mechanically wrong with the engine, leading me to believe it to be a faulty sensor or computer problem.

Thank you for your time, and knowledge!

Worth getting a diagnostic tool?

Old 06-26-2022, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by DriftwoodWildernessLodge
Please help!

2013-14 BF225A

Motor runs alright at low power setting. At RPMs 1700 and above, after a few minutes, warning buzzer will sound continuously and indicator lights will come on indicating an Overheat however when feeling the manifolds and heads (and comparing them to the one next to it in good working order), the engine is cool to the touch.

I’ve flushed with salt away and I’ve changed thermostats, water pump, flush valve, relief valve and temperature sensors. Still an overheat warning buzzer and the engine goes to

Idle and/or shuts off after a few minutes of running at 1700 rpm’s and above.

Anybody have any idea what’s going on? Doesn’t seem to be anything mechanically wrong with the engine, leading me to believe it to be a faulty sensor or computer problem.

Thank you for your time, and knowledge!

Worth getting a diagnostic tool?
Yes. Need to see what it sees.