General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Blown radiator hose collateral damage - no electricity!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 04:29 PM
Default Blown radiator hose collateral damage - no electricity!

I have a '96 Accord. The other day about a mile from my destination, the radiator hose blew. I reached my house, bought a new hose, replaced it and drove it the same night. The next day, it wouldn't start. When I turn the lights on without keys, I get a very quiet warning beep, but that is the only sign of power I get out of the car. This suggests to me a very weak intermittent connection somewhere. It doesn't even try to start.

The battery is new and at full capacity. A jump-start isn't needed and does nothing anyway.

I figure something got wet overnight as antifreeze just took a while to seep into something critical. When I popped the hood after the blow, everything was very wet.

Collateral damage like this is probably relatively common and something cheap and mundane has probably been affected--I just don't know what.

Anyone seen this before? Any ideas, or further troubleshooting steps I should take in order to supply you with more info? Cars are not my forte...

Old 05-14-2017, 09:41 AM

Welcome in,it very possible the ignition coils got wet,try wiping done the engine of any visible water,leave the hood open on a dry sunny day that may help.good luck.