General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Check Engine Light Civic Cx

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 10:53 PM
Default Check Engine Light Civic Cx

I have 1994 Honda civic CX. My check engine light is on and I was told it is the Cranshaft Positioning Sensor, but Honda says there is no such thing on my car? I believe the people diagnosing the caralso said it was code 4. The problem I notice when driving the car is that when shifting down to the 2nd gear keeping an even pressure on the accelerator the car runs smooth but if I let go of the accelerator pedal and then apply it again the car goes very jerky and if put in neutral right after the jerking the engine is having a very weird idle. I am going to try to demonstrate the idle so normal idle would be something like brrrrrrrrrrrr mine is going brrrrrr_brrrrrrr_brrrrrrrr_brrrrrr_brrrrrr _=a slight pause (not sure what to call it) This problem is worst in stop and go traffic. I have replaced the distributor housing and that did not help. Any ideas to what this can be? I am going to try to upload a sound demo later.