General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Civic vs. Accord

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 12:53 AM
Default Civic vs. Accord

What's the difference between a 91/92 Civic and an Accord? I'm gonna buy one or the other in a few months, so I thought I'd stop here and get a lil' advice from the pros! THX all!
I heard that they are pretty good cars even when they go past 100K miles. Is it true?

Old 07-25-2006, 11:59 PM
Default RE: Civic vs. Accord

Hey,

Not all that familiar with Accords so i'm not sure on the differences, but you are right. They are still very reasonable vehicles after 1K. You're god to go even after 2k with basic replacements...suspension, bushings, possibly axles, etc. The beautiful thing about civics is that they're very inexpensive to maintain. Motors around 150 and trannies around 75, to give you a general idea. Most domestic you're looking at 8-9 hundo for a motor. It's also a good idea to stay in that time frame. Most everything is interchangable between any civic of the same make from the year of 92-97. Gotta love 5th gens : ) So, yeah good luck on the purchase.

Old 08-06-2006, 07:08 PM

yeah civic r great because i have a 88 hatch and it has 230k on the original motor but not familailr with accords but they do have a little bigger motor well good luck and take care of it cuz theu do last forever

Old 08-22-2006, 03:47 AM

can i noe it honda accord 91 vs hondacivid 97 got any different between their engine ?cause previously i am doin a research bout honda car...so i need some information between it...