General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Dash was replaced, having electrical issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 11:23 AM
Default Dash was replaced, having electrical issues

I bought my civic a few months back and the guy I bought it from said the blinker was out on the driver side. I went ahead and bought the car because it didnt seem like a big deal, well what i found to be was the entire dash electrical system has issues. When i turn on the harzards all my dummy lights flash with it and if the wipers are on they pulse with the flashers. I have no clue where to begin. I replaced the pig tail on the brakes and checked the bulb in the cluster and nothing. Also the odometer and trip meter are inop as well. Can someone help me out.

Old 08-21-2009, 03:11 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum, Need to try to get as much info on the car from the guy you bought it from, get a wire diagram for your car, and start from the easiest point. Also check to see if all the wire harness are clean and secured at the connections. fire wall connections do get loose. Also there may be Hot wire on wire that has burnt through.
( Had a RoadRunner that dimmed my lights when I turned on my my blinkers, found in the wire harness the hot line melted through and shorted the other wires. )

Old 09-01-2009, 06:22 AM

you have done a wrong thing.when someone had told you beforehand you could have gone and checked it.anyways now when you have it i think the whole problem is with your dash board electricals.get it replaced.