General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Electrical Connectors

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2020, 08:52 PM
Default Electrical Connectors

Just passing along a tip. When changing the starter on my 2008 Accord I had to remove the intake manifold. I noticed the electrical connector to the throttle body had one lead hanging together by only a couple of strands of wire and it broke off right at the connector as I pulled the connector out. Judging by the number of acorns on the block I think some critter might have chewed on the wire. I couldn't figure out how to remove the pin from the connector to repair it so I needed a replacement. I don't have access to a junk yard nearby but I found a place on line to get connectors. It's connectorexperts.com. Their replacement fit perfectly. Expensive but it was worth it to me to get the car running again.

Old 07-06-2020, 09:11 AM

Pins on a connector are usually flared out so when inserted into the plastic holder/connector they stay put
To remove the pin, requires a small enough pick to insert to bend the flares back in to release the pins (usually from the back)
Not the easiest thing to do as some times there is a special tool required to remove the pins
Replacement pins are available at local auto parts stores.