General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Having trouble with my radio.

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 03:33 PM
Default Having trouble with my radio.

Hey guys my real name is Erik. I bought my 2004 Honda Accord EX in september. When i first bought the car the radio worked great. Now it seems to turn on and everythinf but i cant hear anything. I cant even get sound from my CD player or my Voice Command system. My navigation and climate control system works great but the i cant seem to get any sound from the speakers. If i try to turn on my radio i cant hear a faint pop in the speakers.

Is there anyone here that can help me with this issue? I love my car but this is annoying. Thank u for your time and concern.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:38 AM

Welcome to the forum,Sounds like the power was interrupted. If the radio loses power, you have to reenter its passcode. It should be in the info with your owner's manual. The owner's manual tells you how.

Old 12-07-2011, 04:20 AM

sounds like a loose or bad connection in the back since all four speakers went out at the same time. but sometime these units just break for no apparent reason just like any other electronic.

Old 12-07-2011, 08:21 AM

i think that's not the problem either loose or bad connection are entering the wrong code i think it should be replaced with the new one this is the best solution...

Old 12-07-2011, 02:36 PM

OK ,let us know what you find!

Old 12-08-2011, 04:21 PM

When i hear the faint pop it only seems to come from the left bottom speaker by the driver driver. This has happened before and the sound seemw to.comeback when it magicwlly decides to. My radio gps and climate control work fine. But i jist cant hear sound from my speakers. Thanks for the help guys i really appreciwte it.

P.S. diagnostics cost 100 at the dealer. And if it is the radio they told me it eould cost 2000

Old 12-08-2011, 11:18 PM

take the door panel off and inspect the speaker it could be a loose connection or a corroded terminal when my speaker started popping and cutting out it was from a corroded terminal also check the fuse on the radio the speaker could have shorted it out. and don't take your car to a dealer for stuff like this they will rip you off big time take it to a independent car audio shop they mite troubleshoot it for free. if it is a defective radio absolutely do not pay 2,000 dollars for a replacement from the dealership you can get a better quality navigation for 400 to 800 dollars or a used factory navigation for 500-600 like this.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RADIO-6CD-NA...item58912ebced
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_....html?from=186
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_....html?from=186

Last edited by lowlife9; 12-08-2011 at 11:36 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:34 AM

I will check that speaker out for sure. But do u really think that that speaker might be responsible for all of the speakers not to give sound? I do have a soundsystem in my car. But i know my sound system aint got nothin to do with it. Thanks alot for ur help bro. Abd those dealers are out to take ur grip

Old 12-09-2011, 12:57 AM

having a aftermarket system you failed to mention that can absolutely be the culprit like external amplifiers and component crossovers just to name a few not to mention the wiring that was done could have been half assed. what do you have done exactly ???

Old 12-09-2011, 10:20 AM

The wiring was there when i bought the car. The two sidedoor speakers are after martket. The two back speakera are kickers. My subwoofers are 12 inch db drives. My amp is db drive. The wiring doesnt look bad. I already took it to an audio place about a month ago to get the problem looked at. He said it has nothin to do with the aftermarket. He said it might be the stock amp that the car comes with. I do remember him taking the door panel off and checking the speaker and after about 20 minutes of triuble shooting the sound worked again. But now ita back to the same thing.

Quick Reply: Having trouble with my radio.