General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Help! :)

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 02:31 PM
Question Help! :)

I have a 2003 civic and it's having some trouble. It started about a year ago very inconsistently and is now an every day problem. When it began it went like this: it started fine, drove for s minute, and then felt like I was slipped into neutral (it's an automatic). I would let go of the gas for a minute and coast and then it would be fine. Nothing changes on the dash. No rpm changes. Just a glitch. I brought it to Honda and they said it could have been as simple as a leaf or crap stuck in the fuel injector. Everything was fine. It continued to this every few months here and there. I realized it happened when the car was cold but once the engine warmed up a bit it ran fine. So in the last few months I would wait until the car warmed up and then it ran fine. Now it's worse. As the car warms up it dies until the engine warms up. Sometimes it dies once, sometimes twice. It runs fine and then starts to tremble and then dies. No check engine lights come on, nothing changes anywhere. It just turns off. I am so lost! I have brought it to Honda a few more times and they have no idea. In some research I thought it could be the iac valve and Honda said no BC the check engine light would come on so they didn't even check it out. Any ideas??? Thanks!

Old 06-24-2012, 07:40 PM

a dirty iac won't trip a cel light clean it out and see if it helps it could be a bunch of things like the fuel filter. has the check engine come on ??? whens the last time you did a tune up like plugs ???. maybe try some fuel injector cleaner . and how the F do you get a leaf stuck in your fuel injector these people sound like morons i suggest you take it to a better shop. here is a diy for the iac and a few other things. http://www.civicforums.com/forums/11...e-up-mods.html

Last edited by lowlife9; 06-24-2012 at 07:48 PM.