General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

I Think a shop didn't give my engine back with the correct parts??!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2021, 03:03 PM
Default I Think a shop didn't give my engine back with the correct parts??!

Hey guys, so I've had my 05 Honda Accord for years and my ex taught me how to work on them. I've changed my own starter and serpentine belt on my car but when I changed the serpentine belt the harmonic balancer came off. My uncle insisted on it going into a shop and having the whole belt, tensioner well, and balancer replaced. since I've gotten it back it runs for crap and nothing like it used to. I KNOW my engine compartment looks off but don't know enough to be able to point it out. It looked like what they put in doesn't even bolt up right to my engine?? Can you guys help? Also I am pretty sure they didn't connect the cover of the timing belt back. I've included pictures. Can y'all help me out and tell me if these bolts should connect to the empty bolt holes on the engine and if anything looks off to you. It was a 3.0 v6. It's an 05 Honda Accord v6.. the one that doesn't have like LE, or EX on it. I can get more pictures or whatever for anyone that needs them. Please help... my car feels like it's about to give out on me and it's all I have. It only had 156,000 miles on it and was originally my mom's and kept up. I have all the oil change records and anything else that was done to it.

Old 08-22-2021, 11:13 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. it appears to look like an engine with 156k miles, the serpentine belt looks new. check your records to see if the car has had any type of tune up like spark plug change, injector cleaned, timing belt changed. if you have a sun roof, and mag rims you have an EX model if only mag rims an LX model. the missing screw/bolt hole does not mean something is missing unless you see a loose cable or bracket dangling.