General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

TPMS light on

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 11:31 AM
Default TPMS light on

Have 2009 Odyssey EX-L

My "TPMS" light turned on last week and has stayed on.

A bit of background ... a while ago, my 'Low Tire Pressure Indicator' light, which looks like (!) came on. The pressure in one of my tires was low. So I refilled air in all tires and since then the 'Low Tire Pressure Indicator' light has turned off.

However, last week, my TPMS light came on, and has stayed on. This is what the manual says about it ...

If this indicator comes on and stays on at any other time, or if it does not come on when you turn the ignition switch to the ON (II) position, there is a problem with the TPMS. With this indicator on, the low tire pressure indicator will not come on when a tire loses pressure. Take the vehicle to your dealer to have the system checked.

Can I fix the TPMS light myself or do I have to take it in to the dealer.

Old 05-24-2013, 03:29 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. before you take your car into the dealer, check your spare tire for proper pressure also. also recheck all your tire pressures to be assured there is no slow leak.

Old 05-24-2013, 08:12 AM

And it depends on the age of the battery in the TPMS.Could be a week battery. Its not easy changing the battery yourself but possible,you can find vids on utube about the process.

Old 05-24-2013, 08:51 AM
Default Thanks

Okay, thanks.

So looks like it is not a major problem. I will check the air in all the tires (incl. the spare tire) and then have the TPMS light reset the next time I take the car in for an oil change.