General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Transmission solenoid problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2021, 11:27 AM
Default Transmission solenoid problems

Hi all, newbie here. I'm the original owner of a 2006 CR-V SE and have been having transmission problems. Starting up it will frequently "bump/slip" into 1st gear. Seems to happen up in 3rd also. Here is what I have done: I've changed the transmission fluid on schedule, replaced the transmission filter, and replaced both solenoids twice and still have the same problem. I've read comments from people who have bought these solenoids and many of them said they had problems with the ones they had purchased. However, after replacing them twice, with different suppliers (the last was supposedly rebuilt OEM), they are still slipping. This last set seems to slip only after the transmission has warmed up. Does anyone out there have any ideas what else might be going on? I have recently changed the transmission fluid (3 refills) and the filter. I've having a hard time believing that I purchased solenoids from different suppliers and they still don;t work. Any ideas as what to pursue at this point or should I just order another set of solenoids?

Thanks

Old 11-21-2021, 06:34 AM

I have same problem, and read many people have this problem too. I wonder if you found the solution.
Thanks.

Old 11-21-2021, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. did you use honda only transmission fluid ? if no, change over to honda fluid. drain replenish drive to allow converter fluid to mix out and replace the fluid with honda fluid again and check to see how it runs.