General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

turbo B18 problem. HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 02:13 AM
Default turbo B18 problem. HELP!!!

OK SO i got a slight problem i just completed putting a turbo kit on my 94 integra and went for a lil ride the first ride everything went good except my freakin bov didn't work OK SO that was my fault but when i went back out after fixing the first problem i hit boost the first time and the check engine light came on and it started running like crap SO i limped it home.Now i have the missing link installed but I'm not sure if its working right cause when i got it, it was in 3 pieces and i didn't really know exactly how it goes together would this cause my problem? if anyone knows anything that would help me track the problem please help

Old 08-02-2007, 09:27 PM
Default RE: turbo B18 problem. HELP!!!

Yeah, If I were you, I wouldn't use a missing link. Thats more than likely your problem. You will mess up A LOT of things REAL quick using a missing link. Go get your car a safe street tune and you'll be good to go. But i recommend you not driving it with a missing link. All that thing does is fool the MAP sensor on the ECU into thinking it is always 0 or 1 psi. anymore than that, and the ecu will throw codes. So, the missing link takes the real reading from the map sensor, and translates it into a little above 0 psi, and basically is crap. Just get your ECU tuned by Chrome or Hondata and have someone that knows what there doing do it or your in a world of problems.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:45 PM

anyone know how to get the the websight for chrome???

Old 08-03-2007, 05:02 AM

aight dude check this out. if your boosting and your BOV isnt working. thats totaly gonna kill your releif for pressure into you mianifold. not only that your car might have been runing like crap because you probably boosted and blew your head gasket. so i recommend you take a look at you head and get your compression check by a shop or if you got the instruments do it yourself. and take a look at your gasket too. and as far as tuning your computer. jus have it replace my a AEM fuel management system. highly recommended. that way you wont have to be worrying about fooling with it when you up your boost. also make sure your running nothing less than 100 octance fuel it you are planing on boosting over 10psi... and if you plan on boosting 20 or higher for a cheap way without spending too much money you can run a propane injection system.. propane has around 120 octane rating.. good luck got any questions ask on the honda page. safe driving.