Honda Civic Forum This top selling compact car, offered in both a coupe or sedan, has become popular among people who want economy and performance.

HELP HELP HELP!!!! 95 ex turbo smoking.... blown turbo or piston rings

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 02:31 AM
Default HELP HELP HELP!!!! 95 ex turbo smoking.... blown turbo or piston rings

so i had a really f***ed up day. first on of my clamps on my intercooler broke and made a loud pop noise and i thought it was the turbo or the bov because the turbo would spool up but no boosting. so i put a new clamp on and then i guess at a show i just came from someone thought it would be funny to turn up my manual boost controller and i boosted to 15lbs before i noticed. "normally boosts 10lbs" didn't notice any problems but stopped and turned it down a few times until i got it right at 10lbs. again well later that day i was leaving my girls house and she told me that white smoke was steady coming out my exhaust. so i checked it out and white smoke was indeed puffing out with every stroke of the pistons and obviously when reved it was even worse lol. duh. smokes the most when shifting gears though. although i haven't noticed any hard starting or anything. just wondering if someone could pleeeeease give me any advice that they possibly have. i am just about to buy a new turbo and prey to the tuner gods that, thats the problem. please let me know asap. thank you for anyone that has even the slightest of help.

join the club @
<a href="http://www.myspace.com/teamlotus08">Find me on MySpace and be my friend!</a>

Old 10-08-2008, 05:02 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: HELP HELP HELP!!!! 95 ex turbo smoking.... blown turbo or piston rings

if you cap off the oil inlet andretur lines, run the engine, and no smoke, you may have cooked the bearing seals which will allow bearing lube oil into the exhaust. Just wondering before you shut your engine off, do you allow 5-10 min of cool off time.?