General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

What if my Honda odyssey 2003 steering column replaced with the wrong one

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2021, 04:46 PM
Default What if my Honda odyssey 2003 steering column replaced with the wrong one

What happens if my honda odyssey steering column was replaced with the wrong one

Old 11-04-2021, 09:46 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. wire loom may not be the same, some components may not work like the original one.

Old 11-05-2021, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by acmech52
welcome to the forum. wire loom may not be the same, some components may not work like the original one.
Thanks, My problem started with the key not turning the ignition anymore, steering column was locked. then I took the ignition out and was cranking with a screwdriver for a few days. All of a sudden , it started not getting power / about 5 miles an hour. So I took it to the shop and they replaced the steering column / reprogrammed the new keys , and still nothing .. changed the fuel pump/ still nothing/ changed
IAC/took off the catylic converter ...any one knows what it might be ..?? And also ever battery I buy still requires a jump off but immediately dies when disconnected???

Old 11-05-2021, 01:06 PM

First clean the battery posts and then clean the cable terminals that connect to the battery posts.
Follow negative cable to chassis ground and clean contact points.
Check voltage of the battery.

You took out the ignition?
You took out the ignition cylinder lock and then used a screw driver to turn the ignition switch to start engine.
All of a sudden .. no power. Well, it should not have anything to do with the steering column.
Fuel injectors could be clogged? Throttle body may need cleaning?
Spark plugs may be weak or gap has changed.

A good idea would be to put a scanner on and read for any trouble codes pending or logged
Maybe that will give you an idea of where to start looking.
Throwing parts at the car is an expensive way to try to fix it.

Old 11-05-2021, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by avisitor
First clean the battery posts and then clean the cable terminals that connect to the battery posts.
Follow negative cable to chassis ground and clean contact points.
Check voltage of the battery.

You took out the ignition?
You took out the ignition cylinder lock and then used a screw driver to turn the ignition switch to start engine.
All of a sudden .. no power. Well, it should not have anything to do with the steering column.
Fuel injectors could be clogged? Throttle body may need cleaning?
Spark plugs may be weak or gap has changed.

A good idea would be to put a scanner on and read for any trouble codes pending or logged
Maybe that will give you an idea of where to start looking.
Throwing parts at the car is an expensive way to try to fix it.
OK thanks