General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

yet another honda element cruise control broken

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 04:28 PM
Default yet another honda element cruise control broken

my honda element's cruise control finally bit the dust. i know several that have gone south and i've been babying mine along hoping to make it last and have, for several years.

looking at the cables, the plastic piece on the throttle body where the cables attach are broken. i've tried a couple of types of glue to make them hold but i guess there's too much heat for that.

i knew this already from others experiences, but there isn't an exact replacement part so the whole throttle body must be purchased to get the little plastic part... at the cost of nearly $300

i'm wondering if anyone here has discovered an alternative method of repair?

Old 04-12-2015, 07:46 AM

Welcome in,you might check a salvage yard,or check with Honda car clubs in your area,chances are one of their members has expierenced the same problem,you didnt give the year and model that may help with sugestions.

Old 04-12-2015, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by bucwheat
Welcome in,you might check a salvage yard,or check with Honda car clubs in your area,chances are one of their members has expierenced the same problem,you didnt give the year and model that may help with sugestions.

it's a 2005 Honda Element... I'm not sure which version, I understand there are several - like EX etc... I don't know how to tell the difference.

I slipped it back into the slot a few days ago and even though the top of the hole is broken out, somehow the tension seems to be keeping it in place. I've been careful about turning it on and off, so far so good.

I've not had a chance to get to a salvage yard yet.