Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1990 accord No brakes when I turn!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 12:49 AM
Default 1990 accord No brakes when I turn!

I have COMPLETE failure of the brakes when I turn the wheel all the way left or right. The pedal went straight to the floor and with no pressure at the calipers. When I straighten the wheel and pump the pedal my brakes return with good pressure. I do not have ABS. I have replaced the master, the wheel bearings, the rear cylinders, checked for leaks, and bled the system 3 times.

Old 07-17-2007, 09:35 PM
Default RE: 1990 accord No brakes when I turn!

I’m no expert on this budd, but let me guess your car’s problem…I think there might be a leak somewhere in the system you might as well Check/correct the fluid level; Have system checked. Or maybe your brakes are out of adjustment; try to check automatic brake adjusters. I have experienced some brake problems before when I haven’t got my Honda brake master cylinder yet…Somehow, it helps a lot, it lessens some of brake problems that may occur in the future. Remember that the brake fluid has to be kept topped up, and flushed every couple of years, in order for this part to work correctly. But, anyway, good luck and hope this one would help…Let me know about its development…tnx!

Old 07-19-2007, 07:39 PM
Default RE: 1990 accord No brakes when I turn!

Well, Seeing how you serious problem only exist when your are turning your FRONT wheels then I am going to be very confident that your problem lies within the front brake area esp. the rubber flex hoses or the metal lines feeding those 2 rubber hoses to the respective disc brake calipers.

When you are doing your test of good pressure vs. bad pressure - mark your brake fluid level in the master - do your test several times, let say 5 times - check your fluid level, are you sure you are not losing fluid?

I would maybe also point to the master cylinder as the culprit since it may cause mushy or bad brake pressure if the internal seals are leaking by causing you not to be able to create enough brake pressure. But your steering symptom is throwing off that theory.

Need more info after testing. Maybe rebleed your master and all the brakes lines starting from the farthest wheel to the closeat wheel to the master cylinder.

Dongss