Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1999 Honda Accord

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 09:34 PM
Default 1999 Honda Accord

I am a new member ,and this is my first posting.I'm hoping someone can assist me in trying fix the issues my car is having , and what part i need to replace...and an aprox. of how much it will cost.My car within the last year has had trouble starting, I'd say about 6-7 times it wouldnt start..I'd let it sit for a little while and it would fire up drive perfect, but lately it has become more frequent,and its starting to sputter.I have a general idea what is wrong with it .I have been told that Honda's are notorious for ecu ,module, fuel relay..failing because of high heat i was told bang on it,and that would jar it enough to make it work..I went to a local junk yard ,and the part that i needed had been pulled from every Honda,I was also told that the part i needed could be found Civics, Acura of various years, that the part was interchangable.All of this was told to me by my neighbor, who moved ,and ive lost contact with him .He never pointed out which part it was all i know is that its under the dashboard somewhere.Your help would be greatly appreciated.Thank you in advance.Frank...

Old 01-17-2011, 01:10 PM

Welcome to the forum,I know in earlier models the ECU has been discontinued and the same maybe true for the 99, that is why there are none in Salvage yards,try ebay and get on line with Pull-A-Part they may be able to locate one,good luck,Bobby

Old 01-22-2011, 12:12 PM

Hey Frank
Have you replaced your ignition switch...I have a 99 Accord that did exactly the same thing....it was the ignition switch. There was a recall on the 99 Accords for that problem and Honda will replace the switch @ no charge once. I've had to replace mine twice. Best of Luck
Bligh