Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 Accord EX air conditioning working intermittently

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2023, 01:02 PM
Default 2001 Accord EX air conditioning working intermittently

Hey guys.

I'm hoping that you have experienced this problem and know what it is. I have a 2001 Honda Accord EX. My air conditioning has been working just fine. Then, out of the blue two days ago, it just stopped delivering cold air. It just blew hot hair. No matter how cold I turned the temperature control down.
So I broke out by trusty cell phone and asked the great and powerful Google what I should do. I found a list of 10 most common causes. I checked the easy ones. The fuses and relays. It showed two different fuses, one under the hood and one on the left fuse box in the dash. One relay under the hood. All were just fine and in working order.
So, after some head scratching and a couple of hmm's, I decided that the next course of action, based on the symptoms, will be to take it in to the mechanic in a couple of days and have the freon professionally charged up a go from there. I figured in the meantime, I will just of to go without air conditioning. So, yesterday, I got in and the AC worked fine!
So, I have to go on a little road trip in a few weeks and don't want the AC crapping out on me during that. So, I need to find out what the problem was and get it fixed at as low of a cost as I can. I know this is rare, but I can't afford hardly anything! Lol

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-22-2023, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator

when was the last time the a/c system was serviced? Freon may be low and needs service. If you are mechanical in mind, you can go to the auto parts and pick up a can of freon with the guage attatched and service the system. check to see all the a/c related lines for possible leak. Looks like a oily spot around the fittings or attatch points. If you are not mechanically inclined, take it to the shop to not damage the system

Old 05-22-2023, 08:49 PM

Sounds like your gas is borderline low. Have an AC shop fill it.