Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.

2002 Honda Accord can handle!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 04:27 PM
Default 2002 Honda Accord can handle!

I never figured my '02 Accord for "hard cornering" and she has no performance upgrades. The tires are pretty new though, I keep those pumped up, and I did replace the rack and pinion gears at the dealership two years ago. That might be one reason I'm able to type this.

About an hour ago, I was on the interstate and an SUV NEARLY RAN ME DOWN. I looked into the rear view mirror at just the right time to see him coming up on me FAST. He must have had a 25 to 40 mph speed advantage. I TURNED HARD LEFT.

I must have turned while still looking in the mirror as I saw the SUV's nose pitch downwards and roll over to the left simultaneously. He had to be standing on his brakes while turning hard right.

I remember thinking "well I saved myself from a rear-ending but there is no way this car isn't going to roll. And here I was worried about my fender rust."

SHE REGAINED CONTROL EASILY. I never left the roadway!

I figured the SUV was doomed.

SUV RAN COMPLETELY OFF THE ROAD, MAY HAVE SCRAPED GUARDRAIL, AND PASSED ME IN THE GRAVEL! Passed me like I wasn't even moving.

No license plate on offending vehicle and it bore damage to right side.....it may have scraped the guardrail. I wish I had a dash cam as this would have been worth watching again.

I reported vehicle to 911 but they didn't seem very interested.

In case you were wondering, I was in the "slow lane" (right hand lane in USA) when this happened.

So maybe the 2002 Honda Accord handles rather well.

Old 09-04-2018, 12:11 AM
Super Moderator

perhaps being alert and driving offensive saved you and the accord. good job. you were fully awake then!!!!!