2002 Honda Accord SE - Windshield Defroster not working. - The unofficial Honda Forum and Discussion Board Forums For Honda automobile and motorcycle enthusiasts.

Old 01-24-2010, 01:08 AM

Exclamation 2002 Honda Accord SE - Windshield Defroster not working.

Hi, first off, new here! My first post!

Now to the problem...

My wife's 2002 Honda Accord windshield defroster stopped working after I took it for an oil change at Jiffy Lube last Tuesday. Starting Wednesday she noticed defroster has stopped working. Is there a link to this? Anything I can check if something was disconnected? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:47 AM

welcome...
1st check your fuse. then to the more detailed... use a multimeter to check for continuity on the defroster itself on the rear window. if it's been severed then they sell a paint kit for it. there is also a relay but i don't know how to check for that.

around 10 years ago, the first and last time i took my car to jiffy they cracked my oil pan and later they didn't even tighten the oil filter. bunch of retards i tell you. i take that back.. i don't want to make fun of the handicap.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:38 PM

Thanks for the info! It's actually the front defroster. Rear window works fine. Any suggestions?
Old 01-25-2010, 12:53 AM

if it's the front then it's the blower/fan that's defrosting it not the wire built into the window. check to see if 1. warm air is coming out the vents (if not it could be the radiator looking thing connected to your coolant located behind your dash. that's how heat is transfered. i had to replace mine on my jetta.) 2. check to see if any air is coming our of your window vent (the the stuff is under the dash so it's a pain). but before all this check your fuses. it could just be a blown one.

good luck