Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 EX V6 Starting/Electrical Issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 07:46 AM
Smile 2007 EX V6 Starting/Electrical Issue

Hello there new to this forum, joined on behalf of my wife who has a 2007 Accord EX-V6.

she started a cold NJ morning OK, drive approx 3 i, then the car seemed like it shut off, as all the startup cluster lights came on, and the radio displayed an "enter radio code" message.

Now, after pulling over and attempting to restart the car, the car would not, not even any electrics worked.

I replaced the battery and still no power.

Checked all fuses/relays, and seemed to be in tact.

The car seems to have all the symptoms of a dead battery.

Anyone have any ideas on what the issue could be?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by dubidoobs; 01-31-2012 at 08:55 AM.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:09 AM

Welcome in, Did you check the ECU fuse? Terminals tied town tight? Loose starting/charging system wires? Bad plug wires? Make sure your timing is correct.... Going out on a whim here... maybe your ignition switch is faulty?

Old 01-31-2012, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by bucwheat
Welcome in, Did you check the ECU fuse? Terminals tied town tight? Loose starting/charging system wires? Bad plug wires? Make sure your timing is correct.... Going out on a whim here... maybe your ignition switch is faulty?
thanks for the reply! I believe I check all the above (all the fuses/relays in the compartment under the hood, under the dash), and all looked well.

The only relays/fuses I did not check was the ones tied in with the battery (as it doesn't look like it can be pulled out like a normal fuse) and one marked ignition (i believe).

there is no power at all, so i didn't even go with checking the plug wires. not even an interior light on...if it was the ignition switch, wouldn't there still be power when the key is turned to the ACC or On position?

Old 02-01-2012, 07:20 AM

I agree,it's very hard to diagnose a no start problem with out tests. Does the green key light illuminate then go off after a few seconds? If it flashes then there is an immobilizer issue and that will have to go to a Honda dealer for repair. The second issue could be a PGMFI main relay.