Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 Accord - Tire pressure Level Sensor On/Off??

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2019, 07:45 PM
Default 2018 Accord - Tire pressure Level Sensor On/Off??

Hi Everyone,

How do I check to make sure the tire pressure sensor is even on?

I have a feeling the dealer service center turned it off when I went in to have my tires checked.

Before having them take a look it was stuck on showing the pressure was low even after I checked and filled all the tires.

The reason I think they may have done this is I went to my mechanic to get the oil changed yesterday and he found a big nail in the same tire I suspected may have had a problem.
The tire pressure sensor did not show any message and I find it odd there was a nail in my tire after visiting the dealer service center. You'd think they would have fixed this.

Unless I guess it's possible the nail got stuck in the tire sometime after my visit to the dealer service center?

Old 04-21-2019, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. I will give you my experience with our 2016 HR-V. the tire sensor is on, but does not show on the dash except on start up. if any tire is 8-10 pound difference the tire light on the dash will come on. after servicing the tires to all the same, there is a reset switch on the drivers side above the knee. you may have to read your owners manual if yours is not located in the same place. reset by holding until it blinks, then it will turn off. be aware some spare tires have the tire sensor installed also.

Old 04-24-2019, 06:34 PM

Welcome in,I don't think you can turn them off,reset them yes but not turn them off, and if the tire has not lost enough air it won't alert you until it does. I may be wrong but that's the way most American cars are.