Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 Hands Free Calling issue - Static, Static, Static

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2018, 12:51 PM
Default 2018 Hands Free Calling issue - Static, Static, Static

We bought a 2018 Accord Sport 2.0t a couple of weeks ago. When we make a call from it, we can hear the person we called perfectly. BUT that person can barely hear us. All they hear is terrible static and a muffled voice. The static is louder than our voice.

Is there a setting we can check? Is this a known issue for the 2018s? I've read about CRV owners having the same issues and none of those people said they were able to get it fixed AND they claim Honda said there is nothing wrong. Now I'm worried...

I'm contacting the dealer tomorrow but I'd like to know if others have this issue and if or how it was fixed.

Thanks,
Reggi

Old 10-14-2018, 10:45 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. I would recommend taking it to the dealership you purchased the crv from and have them check the system out. it may be something simple, but let them say that it is the crv and not your phone. make sure you document what is going on date time action. also how many times taken to honda and their response. honda should not sell a poor system on their vehicles.

Old 10-17-2018, 06:09 PM

Thanks for the reply. It's actually our Accord Sport 2.0t. I've contacted Honda and I have a case number but nothing else. I'm also waiting for my Dealership to get back to me on what they can try, etc. It's a long drive so I want to make sure they have a plan. I know it's not our phones...we've tried 2 with the same results.