CR-V Forum This compact SUV offers the usefulness of an SUV without the steep fuel bill thanks to the efficient yet powerful engine.

2018 CR-V EX emissions system problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2018, 03:55 PM
Default 2018 CR-V EX emissions system problem

Hello everyone, I bought my CRV brand new back in March. I specifically wanted a Honda because I knew how reliable they were for my friends who also owned Honda’s. I’ve been in love ever since because of its great fuel economy and capabilities. However, today, my birthday 😩, I was pulling into my parents driveway when the “emissions system problem” alert popped up on the screen. The car doesn’t even have 7,000 miles on it yet and hasn’t been driven rough AT ALL. My last car, a Hyundai, had issues with the evap system due to dirt and dust from gravel roads clogging the purge valve and I will admit I was one of those people who topped off the tank. That was before I realized how bad that was for your car. I’ve never once topped off the tank and followed Honda advice to wait a few moments after the fuel nozzle kicks off to allow any remaining fuel to clear the line or hose. Is anyone else having this issue? I take it in for it’s first oil change on Tuesday but I want to know that I’m not hurting the car by driving it to and from work tonight and then to the dealer

Old 05-29-2018, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. it will not hurt driving the car with the alert. make sure the dealer knows about the alert if it goes off. I had an srs alert on my Fit in 07 in less than a month of ownership, the dealer fixed it, it came back on a few weeks later, the dear fixed it. no problem since. Honda cars from time to time have small glitches, the dealer does fix them unless the dealership is unsmart and want to lose business. try to find out the cause for future knowledge.

Old 06-07-2018, 11:33 PM
LDB

If it was a different car I'd say take the gas cap off and put it back on and be sure to get at least 3-4 clicks from it but no cap on these of course. Good luck with it.