Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2023 Accord EX no garage door remote?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2023, 09:02 PM
STM
Default 2023 Accord EX no garage door remote?

I just bought a new 2023 Accord EX and to my surprise it seems as though it doesn’t have a programmable garage door remote. I never even thought to ask because I assumed all new vehicles had that feature now. Even the 2005 Dodge Dakota I just sold to the junkyard had one for goodness sake. Am I just missing something here or do I just need to go over to Lowe’s and buy one of the old fashion type remotes?

Thanks

Old 03-29-2023, 10:24 PM

Does it mention something in the owners manual?

Old 03-30-2023, 06:15 AM
STM

Originally Posted by grcauto
Does it mention something in the owners manual?
Not that I can find. I looked under garage door, automatic, remote and every word I could think of that might pertain to it. The owners manual is over 500 pages though so it may be in there somewhere. I’ll probably call the sales guy today before I go the visor clip on on route. He said to call with any questions.

Old 03-30-2023, 09:28 AM

Call them.

Old 04-03-2023, 02:40 PM

Call them.
I also just bought my 2023 Honda Accord Hybrid and confirmed with the dealer (after search for the missing homelink button) that it does NOT come with one.

Old 04-03-2023, 06:16 PM
STM

Originally Posted by dangt
I also just bought my 2023 Honda Accord Hybrid and confirmed with the dealer (after search for the missing homelink button) that it does NOT come with one.
yeah I called my guy too and confirmed that it doesn’t have one. Seems absurd in this day and age. The funny thing is that there are three buttons up where those remote buttons usually are and the middle one says door on it with a little symbol. I had assumed those were the programmable remote buttons, but they actually turn on the right and left interior overhead lights and the middle one allows you to turn off the lights so that they don’t come on when you open the door. So I’m good if I want to go stealth mode, but out of luck opening my garage door.

Old 04-25-2023, 01:40 PM
CLS

The 2023 Accord hybrid does not come with Sirius radio. My 9 year old car I just replaced did. It's not like Honda has to pay for Sirius- it should come free for a month or two and then if the customer wants to continue it you pay for it like a subscription service . I play the radio through my cellphone but it cuts out and freezes a lot.

Old 04-25-2023, 06:49 PM

The manufacturers are eliminating AM radio, Sirius and other stations that allow you to listen to conservative talk radio.

Old 05-29-2023, 10:57 PM

The manufacturers are eliminating AM radio, Sirius and other stations that allow you to listen to conservative talk radio.
I believe my new Accord hybrid (EX-L) has AM radio. I checked yesterday, and was happy to see that it is still included.

Old 06-19-2023, 03:07 PM

If you get the optional self-dimming rear view mirror it comes with the remote buttons, mine is on back order due to arrive in August.

Quick Reply: 2023 Accord EX no garage door remote?