Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2023 Accord EX no garage door remote?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2023, 12:28 PM

Hah, I just ordered a Hybrid Sport, and was SHOCKED to find out there's no garage door remote... We have a 2015 Accord V6 EXL, so to find out that this new car doesn't have that BASIC feature, is like WTF. I got in touch with the dealer and asked to add it (the salesman screwed up, originally telling us the car has heated seats, even though we ordered the Sport, which has cloth seats, so to compensate us he's willing to throw in some "stuff" we choose).
I'm also shocked that even the highest Accord trim, the Hybrid Touring is not coming with that basic feature.

Old 09-17-2023, 11:43 AM
Question

My car (2023 Accord Hybrid/ EX-L) has the original auto-dimming rear-view mirror and I am thinking about replacing it with the corresponding Homelink Mirror (08V03-3A0-100). Unfortunately, I can not get a clear answer about whether I need the associated "attachment part" (08V03-30A-100 ) to install this mirror. Honda USA has been no help in resolving this issue saying they have no technical mechanics on staff to answer questions and then refers me to my dealer. My dealer also can't answer the question. I know the part "catalog" indicates that the attachment part is "required" for the Homelink Mirror but my car has a cable installed which already powers the current auto-dimming mirror. I assume the catalog makes this recommendation for those replacing an existing mirror which is not already powered. The attachment part (08V03-30A-100 ) seems to be nothing more than an electrical cable/connector which may be that which is already in my car. Some sources seem to indicate that replacing the mirror is simply a matter of detaching the current mirror and replacing it with the new mirror and attaching the existing power cable. Is there something different about the attachment kit compared to the pre-existing power cable?

Do I need the attachment cable? If so, the expense and trouble involved is not worth replacing the mirror. Any help will be appreciated.

I'm also irritated that this model doesn't have the Homelink Mirror...my old 2010 Accord EX-L came standard with it!

Old 09-17-2023, 12:43 PM

I suspect your auto-dimming mirror is actually a HomeLink mirror. Check if you have the 3 small buttons at the bottom-left of the mirror.

Old 09-17-2023, 12:52 PM
Unhappy

Thanks for the reply but my mirror absolutely is NOT a Homelink Mirror...as noted by others in this thread, Honda did not include the Homelink Mirror on the 2023 Accord EX-L Hybrid...shocking when I consider that my old 2010 Honda Accord had this mirror (as most new cars do these days) as standard equipment and the price point of the new car.

Old 09-17-2023, 12:57 PM

I agree. And from what I read elsewhere, many new '23 HAH agree.