95 4-door accord fixer-upper - Page 4 - The unofficial Honda Forum and Discussion Board Forums For Honda automobile and motorcycle enthusiasts.

Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 06-29-2018, 06:47 AM

I agree main relay ,happened to me couple of years ago. Mine would start then die right away.
Old 07-05-2018, 09:48 AM

ok, thanks. I ordered 1 from rockauto it should be in soon.
I was going to try to keep my money local but all parts stores here wanted 60.00 +-
Rockauto was 28.00 +- and I didn't want to get used from junkyard.
Old 07-11-2018, 01:03 PM

ok, I replaced the main relay and I thought it worked till I got about 2miles down the road add the tach went crazy flopping back and forth. the dash lights went out and the car almost died and the motor had no power. I floored it trying to keep it going and after about 5 sec or so it started working again and the dash lights got real bright and power to the motor was back. but it didn't last. this happened about 5 to 6 times before I finely got back to the home. visions of sks woopass on the car danced in my head.....

any ideas.... maybe me just thinking out loud some kind of voltage regulator or something.....