Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accord 2003 Wipers stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 09:43 PM
Default Accord 2003 Wipers stopped working

Hi all,

My Accord 2003 wipers stopped working completely, after an ice storm.
The winshield was full of ice and when I started the engine probably the wipers were already started on intermitent position and I did not notified...
I checked the switch and the fuse and they were OK.
The relay was also OK,so finally found that was the wiper motor.
Ibought the wiper motorat Honda dealer andreplaced it myself.
Itis not too difficult,but attention must be payed when removing the plastic covers, as they are kept in place by plastic clips.
The motor is located together with all thewiper assemblyon the driver side.
In order to remove the motor, the wholewiper assembly must be removed, as the motor screws are under the motor, but this is quite simple, as the whole assembly is kept in place by 4 screws.
Disconnect first the motor connector (pay attention, as at buttom side of connecter there is a clip keeping connector fixed in place).
After taking out thewhole assembly, turn the assemply upside down and unscrew the4 screws that keep the motor in place. You will notice that the bigger screw is for the axle of the motor. Pay attention as the metal link that connects the rod to the motor axle has an arrow, make sure to allign that with the sign on the motor.
Then after placing back to whole assembly, replace electric connector and replace the covers, then the wipers arms.
When starting the wipers, test first carefully and be ready to stop the switch if the wipers are not properly adjusted.
Just one thing that I want to mention, after removing the old motor and opening it, found that there was some protection that was burned inside, and after removing thatsmall piece from inside the motor cylinder, the motor was working... so I think this can be repairedin places where they repair alternators or starters...too late for me, as I've already placed the new motor and cannot return it back to dealer after trying it...