Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Basic oil change question

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 02:38 PM
Default Basic oil change question

I'm doing an oil change on my used 2003 Accord coupe EX, and I can't seem to find the oil bolt and filter under the car. The picture and description in the manual isn't very clear.

Any help?

Old 07-15-2007, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Basic oil change question

Aloha Khonsaiho: Welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay.
What is the name of your service manual for your car, or made by whom?
Your oil pan, black in color on the bottom of the engine block (not transmission) is a oil plug approx 17mm in size. On the back of your engine between the bottom and top (middle) is the oil filter. Usually the front wheel drive shaft is in the way making it fun to remove and replace the filter.
If you go to http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com enter your year car, type of car, trans, and go to oil pump, it will show you the approx position of the oil filter. then go to Cylinder block oil pan, at the bottom of this pan is the plug.
If you have never changed the oil on the engine, becareful if the oil is hot, it will burn you, if cold its a bit safer. Besure to have jack stands to support your front end. If you have more questions, pm me.

Old 07-18-2007, 06:49 PM
Default RE: Basic oil change question

Get yourself a honda filter cap for easy removal/lossening of the oil filter, not alot of room to grip...

Hey this site has oem filters for a great price but they also sell an oil deflector pan that I haven't seen anywhere else.

check it out:
http://www.handa-accessories.com/accmaint03.html

I brought one for myself and no more oil all over the drive shaft and cross member. I thought it was a cool tool!

Dongss