Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

changing distributor cap and rotor

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 07:54 PM
Default changing distributor cap and rotor

I have a '93 Accord and need to change the cap and rotor. Is it just a simple unscrew, pop out the rotor and replace or do I need to know how to position the rotor at certain position? Also, my antenna is busted or has been busted for a long time...the motor seems to run fine with extending the unbent portion of the antenna...thus, can I just replace the antenna or should I replace the whole assembly?

Thanks much for the help.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: changing distributor cap and rotor

if you are mechanically inclined, you can replace the antenna part if the motor still works. I did this on the 90 accord. antenna was bent so went to pep boys, picked up an antenna and replaced it. also installed a switch so I did not have to have the antenna go up and down with the panasonic am/fm/cd. (cd only) switch the antenna off to stay down. ( I did use a Honda service manual purchase thru ebay) great info to fix cars or trouble shoot and welcome to the forum.
For your distributor, go to autozone.com, register for free, enter your car info and get info on your distributor thru the repair part of the sight, shows pic's and instructions