Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clicking sound when I steer in 2009 Accord

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 06:22 PM
Angry Clicking sound when I steer in 2009 Accord

Hello,
I have a 2009 Accord that I've only had for 3 months and I'm having this clicking sound in my steering wheel when I back my car out to the right. It started off is a light 3 - 4 clicks about 6 weeks ago, and I took it to the dealer to have them take a look. The dealer worked on it, and the sound stopped for 1 week, but then started back up again. Now its even louder. I took it to another dealer, and (to save you from a long convo) they weren't able to fix the problem. I am frustrated because I feel like the feeling at the dealer is "This is a new car! You shouldn't have a problem. If you have a problem with your BRAND NEW car, then the problem is with you!" I've spoken to the manufacturer, and they are telling me that they are working on the problem. I liked my car, but at this point, I'm not sure if I'd buy another. I've never heard of anyone having a problem with a Honda, but that doesn't stop my own frustration with the fact that I've had the car for 90 days and I've had to take it to the shop. Does anyone have any answers as to what the problem could be?

Old 03-26-2009, 04:13 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. Brand new cars no matter what make are assembled by man and machine. If you are having problems with your new accord, document it date, time, and allow the dealer to fix it. American Honda I called and spoke to about other new Honda's having other different problems brand new, told me, to please allow the dealer to fix the car. It is not the owners fault that the car is breaking down or needs some type of fixing. Anything mechanical may have a tendency to break or factory fault appears. If the dealer gives you a bad time, write down what they say and get their name. Honda takes great pride to make sure their dealer is taking proper care of their customers. Also every dealer gets rated on how they take care of their customers. After you had your car fixed at the first dealer, they should have given you a survey sheet to rate the work done on your car, if they did not mail you one, ask for one so you can hammer the dealer if needed and comment what they said, especially if it was derogotory. Only what they said, not what you think or feel. But get that Accord fixed right and keep taking it to the dealer to fix it properly. If you need more info, email me acmech52@yahoo.com I'll try to assist you.