Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Difficult Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 09:16 PM
Default Difficult Problem

[]Hi, I have a 97 accord with the non vtech 4 cylinder engine. I recentllydid a tune up on the car, tanny fluid, plugs, the good wires, cap and rotor. The car has 135300 miles which as I am told is not bad for a honda. I have noticed avibration coming from what I can tell the drivers side front of the car when I am cruising at around 45 mph the vibration makes the rear view mirror shake along with a pretty load noise. Once the car hits the next gear the noise goes away. I have had twotransmission shopslook at the tranny and both said the tranny is fine. I also had my local mechnic check the motor and tranny mounts and they all check out fine as well. I have also noticed sometimes the rpm needle will jump once in a while when I am going down hill at cruise at the 45 mph speed. Does anyone know whats up, I am really puzzled over this..should I be worried? Could this have anything to do with the timing belt?

Thanks

Old 07-13-2007, 12:06 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Difficult Problem

Honda reccomends changing timing belt about 120k, (include your water pump, crank seal and cam seal so no future leak. Vibration at 45 mph seems to be tire and rim related if not trans or mount.
Jack up your front, place on jacks for safety, set your parking brakes, place car in drive or for m.t. get it up to 45mph and have someone look at the tire and rims to see if there is a warp, or tire bubble. if nothing found, rotate front to back and see if the vibration goes to the rear.
Aloha and Welcome to the forum.

Old 07-13-2007, 06:20 AM
Default RE: Difficult Problem

Thanks I will give it a shot