Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.

New Member (New Car Questions) - 2024 Accord Touring

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2024, 03:00 PM
Default New Member (New Car Questions) - 2024 Accord Touring

HELLO!

I just took delivery of a 2024 Accord Touring and so far, I'm LOVING IT! My previous car was a 2018 Camry XSE and the subtle differences is what sold me (besides the MPG and power aspects). Prior to the Camry I had a 2013 Accord EX and if my memory serves me correctly, this new Accord is so much more refined than my 2013! Yes, very happy with my new car.

OK, I have some questions and before you ask, yes I did try to read the manual and visit some web sites. I still have questions.

QUESTIONS:
1) Is there a good source to provide some training / information / awareness on the myriad of technology options that are available? It seems that when I make one selection, I am disabling something else. I think I have the basics down and the area where I have my most struggle is with the Honda Safety tech. (For the record, I'm NOT loving the subtle nudges of the steering wheel to keep me in my lane.)

2) As far as the gas engine is concerned, I've already purchases a case of Amsoil 0w20 HYBRID oil (synth) and plan to have my first change done at the 1K mile mark. Yeah, I'm an old school shade-tree mechanic and as I plan to keep the car for awhile, I'm going to break it in nice and slow.

3) While my previous Accord had a CVT, this one is different. WHat's the general consensus on maintenance (above and below the manual)?

4) Is there any way to have the dashboard gauge on the LEFT present anything other than "Percentage of Power"? I guess I keep looking at it as a TACH and I now that's not correct as it also shows recharge functionality.

5) Similar question about non-OEM maintenance on the twin cooling systems?

OK, that's it for now.

Thank you in advance.

Scott Wallace
(Moorpark, CA)

Old 03-03-2024, 08:02 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. Being that this is a brand new accord, don’t touch or change any oil or fluids. Let the dealership take care of the car for the first 36k miles or 3 years, its under warranty. If anything goes bad, the dealership will warranty the car. If you change anything without documentation and receipts and anything goes wrong, its on you, Although very little if any will ever go wrong on a new vehicle.