Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Steering Hose Replaced, Now its whining...?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 02:31 AM
Default Power Steering Hose Replaced, Now its whining...?

Sup Everyone,

I changed the high pressure power steering hose on 2000 Accord EX V6 due to a leak. The replacement part was purchased from Majestic Honda and installed by my mechanic. Once installed it began making a light whining noise anytime i turn the wheel, similar to when a car needs power steering fluid. However, mines is already full. I made sure to use only honda power steering fluid. My mechanic informed me that its typical for air to get it when replacing the power steering hose and with time after turning the wheel enough the air will escape and it will stop making that noise. Needless to say 6 months later it hasnt.

Upon recommendation I replaced the O ring on the (front) top side of the High Pressure Hose but its hasnt fixed the noise. I dont think its a faulty Power Steering Pump because it wasnt making that noise prior to changing the hose.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

Also, can anyone tell me if this tube which is also connected to the Power Steering pump in front of the high pressure hose carries an "O" ring as well?

The reason i asked is because i came across this youtube clip with an acura TL that shows the same symptoms and similar engine set up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf-_qp1y4yc

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Old 03-19-2011, 01:55 PM

If you still have air in the reservoir then there is another O ring involved,or leak in another hose,I would say change the one you ask about,if the noise won't go away in a few weeks then it could possibly be the pump.